Pilates V Studios: Certified Pilates Instructor
As a Pilates V certified instructor, you will be dedicated and passionate about the art of mindful movement for a healthier lifestyle and possess skills to spread the love of Pilates among clients! The purpose of Pilates Instructor role is to provide safe, effective group Pilates instruction to clients.
- Pilates apparatus (reformer and chair apparatus) certification via an established program (i.e Basi, Power Pilates, Balanced Body University, Pilates V etc)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to demonstrate effective large group reformer instruction
- Must communicate professionally and effectively to both clients and colleagues
- Must have excellent public speaking skills and proficient computer skills
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation and access to email.
- Adherence to local, CDC, and studio policies and procedures for COVID19
- Provide Pilates classes, including group reformer classes, pursuant to Pilates V standards (learning names, asking for injuries, incorporating weekly mantras and body awareness)
- Must be skilled at proper and safe use of a variety of equipment during each class, including, but not limited to, hand weights, Exo-Chair, Reformer, Springboard and other equipment as needed to ensure a safe yet creative group experience
- May be required to conduct private, semi private, or other additional sessions
- Will visually inspect the equipment prior to the beginning of class to ensure equipment is in good working order and safe to use
Instructor will be responsible for maintenance of the studio, including cleaning floor after each session and making sure the studio is well-stocked with items such as water in the spray bottles, and other items needed for the operations of a class.
- Instructor will be required to arrive at a set time prior to the beginning of each scheduled class
- Other duties as assigned
About Pilates V
Pilates V is a family owned and growing brand that is dedicated to bringing Pilates to the people via affordable, group equipment classes. We only operate high quality, fully equipped Balanced Body studios and pride ourselves on making every client visit a memorable one! We pride ourselves on friendly, creative, and experienced team members who also enjoy coming together for periodic team events and dinners!
Physical Requirements and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and be able to move/push equipment as needed
Visual acuity required
Must be able to stand for long periods of time