The Rise Reformer Pilates Instructor is passionate about fitness and aims to provide a setting that is fun and safe. They are responsible for educating and training members on the benefits of safe and proper use of the Pilates equipment, while delivering quality fitness and wellness solutions that support meaningful change in people’s lives.
- Have knowledge of contemporary Pilates, and is open to incorporating a Rise Pilates approach that can include a more functional fitness-based Pilates program that has smooth, quick transitions, may include multiple sets of a single exercise and works the whole body.
- Be confident and able to teach a reformer class or private session by providing clear, direct instructions/cues and offering modifications and corrections as needed.
- Be friendly, professional and passionate about working with Rise members and students and helping them meet their fitness goals.
- Is mindful of the Rise member's time and star/end each class or session on time.
- Must help to keep the studio clean and the equipment/props in good working order.
- Will be part of a close-knit team that supports each other and shares knowledge. Participation is meetings, actively communicates and helps each other out by subbing when needed.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Personable and friendly
- Understanding of Pilates anatomical and bio-mechanical principles, and the ability to apply this knowledge in your Pilates teaching
- Knowledge of fitness and Pilates, and safe exercise techniques
- Group Exercise, such as Mat Pilates and/or Barre experience a plus, but not required
- Training or certification in Reformer Pilates, can be in process or newly certified
- Insurance Certificate must be provided to Rise prior to teaching and provided each year after renewal