Openfit, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Beachbody, is a brand-new, fully integrated, digital streaming platform for fitness, nutrition, and wellness — plus all the daily help you need to live a healthy, vibrant life. Our streaming platform includes a live group fitness experience that makes boutique classes available to everyone, as well as personalized, easy-to-follow nutrition programming and tracking — all to make it possible for anyone to achieve better health and wellness. We are an equal-opportunity employer offering competitive compensation, flexible schedules, as well as a friendly and collaborative work environment. Are you ready to help us achieve our goal of helping people live healthy, fulfilling lives?
The Openfit Group Fitness Trainer coaches live group fitness classes through the Openfit app. As an Openfit Trainer, you’ll be teaching a variety of fitness classes from a coaching booth, broadcast in real-time to Openfit members who join from their homes across the country. Because the classes are taught live and support two-way communication, this role can motivate participants in ways that aren’t possible in pre-recorded video workouts. As a Group Fitness Trainer, you’ll be educating, entertaining, and engaging Openfit members during each live class by providing exercise cueing, modifications and progressions, and form correction. Openfit members get the engagement of an in-person studio class with the convenience of working out at home. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping people reach their health & fitness goals, experience teaching a range of fitness classes, and a high level of comfort with technology.
Teaching virtual fitness classes
● Lead high-quality group fitness classes from a sound booth via our training app
● Ensure members are using the correct form at all times
● Provide modifications and progressions for all exercises
● Maintain entertaining and engaging classes throughout a 4-hour shift
● Create a strong community via group chat and individual attention
● Deliver a thoughtful and individual post-class texts to every member in every class
● Create social media content when requested
● 1+ years’ experience as a group fitness instructor
● Nationally recognized certification (NASM, ACE, etc) or equivalent education preferred
● Experience working with people of all fitness levels, especially beginners
● High level of compassion and empathy for people struggling to meet fitness goals
● Willingness to teach a variety of class styles, including HIIT, strength training, running, walking, stretching, and kickboxing. Yoga and Pilates a plus!
● Tons of energy and ability to use your voice to keep people motivated and engaged in virtual classes. Experience with performing a plus!
● Depth of knowledge in exercise modification, progressions, positive cueing, and form corrections
● Comfortable and intuitive with learning new technology
● Punctual, responsible, and reliable
● Personal trainer experience preferred but not required
● Trainer locations are in Austin, TX
● This is a part-time opportunity (approximately two to four 4-hour shifts per week, including a weekend shift)
● Reports to Director of Trainer Operations