The Personal Trainer works under direct supervision of the Fitness Manager and is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operations of the Fitness unit, which includes customer service, creating and following lesson plans and providing quality instruction to all program participants.
The Personal Trainer provides instruction in non-credited recreational or sports activities to participants of all ages. Applies full knowledge and experience in recreational sports activities to create and adjust program methods and processes and provides safe instruction to participants.
The Personal Trainer will prepare curriculum and teach group fitness classes. Complete ancillary administrative records and assist with promotions. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Attend staff meetings and in-house training as required. Annually, the Personal Trainer will contribute to the assessment of the class and personal performance evaluation. Remain current in industry standards prescribed by supervisor. Behave in a professional manner, work as a team player and adhere to facility policies.
Please note: This position locates in the Inner Sunset district, San Francisco. This is a 20% variable limited appointment for 12 months from date of hire.
CAMPUS LIFE SERVICES, FITNESS & RECREATION
UCSF Fitness & Recreation inspires growth and health on the UCSF campus through fitness, community, and play. The Group Fitness unit is an integral part of Fitness & Recreation and provides customer service while ensuring participants participate in PT instruction in a safe environment.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Nationally Recognized Fitness Certification
• Adult AED/CPR (current certification or obtained within 30 days from date of hire)
• Working knowledge of program activity practices and procedures
• Verbal and written communication skills in the English language, active listening, dynamic flexibility, critical thinking, multi-task and time management skills
• Ability to exercise independent sound judgment and employ reasoning skills
• Client service minded, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking skills
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Exercise Science or a related field of study strongly preferred
• One year or more of experience as a Certified Personal Trainer
• Knowledge of campus policies and procedures
• Basic skills in computer programs relevant to job duties
• Rehab or injury management experience
Mission Bay - http://tiny.ucsf.edu/gciSE4
Parnassus - http://tiny.ucsf.edu/totlh3