lifeSport Fitness is seeking a part- time (15-20 hours a week) Fitness Coach who is passionate, charismatic and dedicated to changing lives.
lifeSport Fitness is a small, private training studio in Southwest San Jose dedicated to serving busy Silicon Valley professionals who want to improve their health and fitness with personalized coaching and instruction.
Your main responsibility will be to coach 1-4 people while they execute their personalized program under your watchful eye. You must be attentive to form, offer appropriate coaching cues and keep all clients moving through their program in a timely manner.
You will not have sales quotas for bringing in new clients. lifeSport Fitness management will take care of lead generation and sales. We need you to be a professional, caring, passionate and friendly coach and offer exceptional service to our clients. We are obsessed with creating the best experience and results for our clients and you need to be obsessed with this too.
Although we serve all ages, we serve predominately the “over 40” market, so you must be comfortable training and serving this market segment.
Aside from supervising semi-private training sessions, other responsibilities include:
- Social media postings
- Customer service tasks: emails, calls, and/or texts to clients and prospective clients
- Lead tracking and follow up
- Attendance at special events
- Tracking client attendance and progress
- Attendance at staff meetings and/or staff training
• Nationally accredited personal training certification (Can be in progress. Financial help toward a certification is available).
• Current CPR/AED certification
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Dependable, prompt, efficient, self motivated, and able to think on your feet
• Ability to coach and motivate several clients at the same time
• Great sense of humor and willingness to learn new concepts
• Ability to work early morning hours, evenings and/or weekends
• Ability to keep accurate, detailed and progressive training notes on clients
• Willingness to work with and communicate with other lifeSport Fitness team members
•Possess basic computer skills
• Minimum of 1 year experienced preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or fitness related field preferred
How to apply:
If you’re excited about the opportunity to share your passion for fitness in a small, exclusive studio in San Jose, please send a cover letter to hello@ lifesportfitness.net . In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Why are you seeking work as a fitness coach?
- Our clients are like family to us. How would you treat our clients like family during a coaching session?
- What are you passionate about?
Please attach your resume or curriculum vitae to your cover letter and make sure your phone number and email address are on your resume or in your cover letter.
We will respond to all submissions that follow the instructions above.