QUALIFICATIONS: • 500 hour comprehensive Pilates education (Minimum education to include; Mat, Reformer, Chair, Springboard)
• Up to date CPR training or willingness to obtain
• Demonstrate anatomical knowledge and focus on safety
• Pleasant demeanor and excellent customer service skills
• Experience teaching 6 or more participants in an apparatus based group class is a plus.
• Maintain open availability for a minimum of 9 hours (3 shifts) per week. Must give availability for early mornings, evenings weekends.
• Demonstrated group reformer instruction abilities
• Professional and effective communication skills
• Proven public speaking skills
• Proven Sales Abilities
• In depth understanding of the benefits of Pilates
• Willingness to evolve with new developments in the fitness industry, specifically Pilates
• Comfortable adding TRX, Barre, and Trigger Point modalities to teaching repertoire. Previous experience a plus but not required.
• Team player
• Passion for learning and willingness to attend continued education trainings and seminars
• Punctual and Reliable
• Ability to implement and streamline new procedures in a diverse environment
• Ability to recognize areas of improvement and pro-actively communicate with management
• Consistently uses excellent judgment
• Ability to work harmoniously with the public, management and instructors
• Professional and neat
• Trustworthy and maintains confidentiality
• Strong problem-solver
• Proficient in (or ability to become) ClubReady software for basic use
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide Pilates instruction to include introductory classes, group apparatus classes, private and semi-private training as scheduled by a management and pursuant to Club Pilates standards
• Must be skilled at proper and safe use of a variety of equipment during each class, including, but not limited to, hand weights, ExoChair, Reformer, Springboard, TRX, Magic Circle and other equipment as needed to ensure a safe yet creative group experience
• Visually inspect the equipment prior to the beginning of class to ensure equipment is in good working order and safe to use
• Responsible for studio tidiness and returning equipment to standards set by studio management • Must arrive at a set time prior to the beginning of each scheduled class or private/semi-private session
• Participate in networking/community events as needed and studio promotions to generate new business
• Stay up to date with, and implement Club Pilates education standards at all times
• Maintain honesty and integrity
• Any other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and be able to move/push equipment as needed
• Visual acuity required
• Prolonged standing
• Must be able to speak and hear well enough to communicate well with others both one-on-one and in front of groups
• Ability to think and process information quickly, clearly and accurately
• Strong reasoning ability; able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions; able to deal calmly and logically with problems and people, even under pressure.
Highly competitive pay and the opportunity for advancement in the Club Pilates Instructor career path. We offer over 50-60 classes per week so there will be opportunity to work as many hours as requested if hired.
Job Type: Part-time