Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico. We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs, Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Lucille Roberts, TMPL Gyms, Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and personal connections. We achieve this through innovative programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
Are you our next Fitness Manager?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and being part of a team?
If so, TSI is looking for Fitness Managers at NYSC/BSC/PSC/WSC/PBSC/TMPL/LR/TW/LIV in CLUB NAME. The Fitness Manager oversees all fitness programs including one-to-one personal training and small group training. This individual is also key in initiating a culture of development and team work through the fitness and club staff.
You will thrive in this role if you are able to:
• Develop a robust and diverse fitness program by meeting and exceeding revenue targets.
• Recognize that success is a team effort.
• Have impeccable time management and organizational skills.
• Create strong cross functional relationships across club teams to drive fitness at point of sale.
• Implement strategies for client retention.
• Develop empowered and knowledgeable teams through effective staffing strategies, performance coaching and career development.
• Handle member, client and employee issues in a positive and constructive way.
• Embrace stretch assignments and development opportunities for self and others.
• Model integrity, collaboration and a can-do attitude.
What is a typical day in the life of a Fitness Manager?
• Analyze fitness reporting to evaluate business trends. Make appropriate recommendations, redirect and strategize using data.
• Regularly interact with members to assess member fitness needs, expectations and levels of satisfaction in home club.
• Sourcing, recruiting and interviewing Personal Trainers as needed.
• Onboarding, training, and coaching Personal Trainers in job expectations, behaviors and KPI’s.
• Provide specific and ongoing feedback, performance evaluations and performance management as necessary.
• Partner with GM’s to set daily, weekly and monthly fitness sales, revenue and retention goals and monitor performance towards goals in home club.
• Ensure fitness products and services offered in all clubs under supervision are aligned and consistent with TSI’s overall fitness strategy.
• Conduct one-to-one and group development meetings.
• Approach new members at point of sale to discuss fitness goals and personal training. Drive and create action plans for fitness point of sale in other clubs within span.
• Put prospecting strategies in action to get new fitness leads.
• Addressing equipment needs at the club.
• Partner with all club team to effectively manage costs, including, but not limited to, costs for labor, supplies and equipment.
Qualifications & Experience
• BA/ BS degree (in a fitness related field preferred) and a Personal Training Certification by a TSI authorized provider.
• Three years overall in the fitness industry with at least one year of directly selling fitness services.
• Minimum of 1 year delivering personal training services and creating fitness programs for clients.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
• Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of clubs, repetitive squatting, bending and lifting (e.g., 40 – 60 lbs.), restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary and ability to demonstrate other exercise movements as part of a personal fitness workout.
• Prior administrative experience, including planning, calendaring and scheduling
• AED/CPR Certified