The Studio Manager is responsible for studio operations on a daily basis. The successful candidate enjoys being involved with customers, sales and must be a yoga and fitness enthusiast!
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that excellent customer experience is top priority!
• Responsible for studio daily operations.
• Train, supervise, coach and mentor all studio staff on front desk processes.
• Oversee studio maintenance & cleanliness (proactively and as issues arise)
Student Interaction/Customer Service
• Provide excellent customer service and help reduce attrition and increase retention through active interactions as appropriate and through leading by example.
• Actively assist students and direct staff to do the same to finding appropriate classes to meet their personal goals and within schedules, answering their questions (or find the answers to questions if not known), always offering support and guidance.
• Check students into class/workshop/etc through software system (MindyBody Online or equivalent systems) when needed, completing all paperwork/forms as appropriate.
• Oversee all billing issues (contracts, cancellations, freezes, failed credit cards, etc)
• Resolve Customer Service issues per training documents and procedures.
• Welcome all visitors according to our Customer Service standards; supervise staff and answer telephone promptly and courteously.
Sales and Marketing
• Be knowledgeable about our products/programs, competitive products/programs and pricing to actively promote and sell ours.
• Responsible for meeting individual monthly sales goals (revenue and members) and helping the team meet its goals for a combined studio goal.
• Maintain accurate, thorough and timely data/information in all appropriate systems for reporting and statistical purposes.
• Help execute the marketing calendar for the year including print, digital, social media, community events, grassroots, and in-studio events
• Establish external relationships/partnerships within the community.
• Work with marketing to develop effective marketing campaigns (e.g. direct marketing, social media, etc).
• Responsible for updating MBO system with teacher subs/class changes in a timely manner.
• Responsible for recommending ordering of supplies and working with vendors.
• Report any issues per our procedures.
• Manage retail area including ordering, remerchandising and constantly training staff on products.
• 2-3 years in a supervisory role
• Experience supervising people successfully
• Effective use of budgets, forecasts, P&Ls, metrics
• Experience working in retail and/or yoga/gym industry a plus
• High school degree, college degree preferred
• Strong team player who understands corporate goals and can apply those to studio goals, motivating employees to reach individual and team goals within given timelines and constraints.
• Energetic, positive and enthusiastic leader with strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead the team to meet goals.
• Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities given needs of students, business and management.
• Comfortable and effective in a sales role with sales and call volume goals which also requires listening to clients, positioning products and asking for the sale with confidence and enthusiasm
• Dependable and accountable with a strong sense of urgency
• Experience resolving employee and/or customer conflicts in a positive, professional and timely manner such that even difficult news is delivered in a way that people may not like but understand the reason behind it and appreciate the professional and courteous delivery
• Self-starter who also has a flexible schedule and strong work ethic to manage a studio that is open 365 days/year, often 12-15 hours/day
• Must be customer focused and deliver the company's high level of customer service at all times in a professional, courteous, sensitive and friendly manner.
• Ability to lead by example; acting/speaking respectfully, appropriately and courteously with customers and/or employees who may become angry or raise their voices.
• Strong written and verbal skills and ability to tailor communications based on audience and needs of business for both short and long-term results
• Passion for the product we sell (i.e. yoga/fitness) and ability to understand and clearly communicate the different products/programs we offer.
• Comfortable with computers and effective at learning and using the necessary software products (i.e. Mind Body Online, email, Google documents, spreadsheets,etc)