Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico. We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs, Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Lucille Roberts, TMPL Gyms, Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and personal connections. We achieve this through innovative programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
Are you our next Personal Trainer?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active lifestyle? Are you motivated to build your own business and to elevate yourself as a fitness professional? If so, TSI is looking for Personal Trainers at NYSC/BSC/PSC/WSC/PBSC/TMPL/LR/TW/LIV in CLUB NAME. Personal Trainers work directly with their clients to map out SMART Goals and effective programming in a one-to-one and small group setting. With the support and guidance of the club management team and a robust development program, you’ll get a strong starting in building your client base.
You will thrive in this role if you:
• Are motivated and have a strong work ethic to build your business the right way.
• Are never satisfied with the status quo and embrace stretch goals.
• Possess strong coaching calls.
• Can thrive in a fast past environment.
• Are able to translate fitness knowledge into specific and goal oriented programs for clients.
• Have a desire to be part of a team.
What is a typical day in the life of a Personal Trainer?
• Participate in prospecting activities such as call drives, body fat analysis tables and demos as needed.
• Partner with club team to engage new and current members in fitness programs.
• Perform needs analysis and assessment on clients interested in personal training.
• Create programs based on client goals.
• Assist club team as needed in keeping the fitness floor tidy and fitness equipment in good working order.
• Complete development modules via our online learning system, attend live seminars or PT development meetings.
• Sell PT Packages, book and schedule client sessions.
Qualifications & Experience
• Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of the club, repetitive squatting, bending and lifting (e.g. 40-60 lbs.), restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary and ability to demonstrate other exercise movements as part of a personal fitness workout.
• Nationally Recognized PT Certification
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• CPR/AED required within 30 days of hire
• Bachelors Degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Recreation or P.E. related field