Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico. We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs, Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Lucille Roberts, TMPL Gyms, Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and personal connections. We achieve this through innovative programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
Are you our next Group Exercise Instructor?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and being part of a team?
If so, TSI is looking for Group Exercise Instructors at NYSC/BSC/PSC/WSC/PBSC/TMPL/LR/TW/LIV in CLUB NAME. The Group Exercise Instructor teaches group classes that are safe, effective, fun, and motivating for members.
You will thrive in this role if you are able to:
• Genuinely enjoys engaging and connecting with members to help them achieve their goals
• Recognize that success is a team effort.
• Have impeccable time management and organizational skills.
• Handle member concerns and feedback in a timely, positive and constructive way.
• Model integrity, collaboration and a can-do attitude.
What is a typical day in the life of a Group Exercise Instructor?
• Engaging members and actively promoting class participation.
• Making music selections that are appropriate for the class format.
• Ensuring that the studio is free of clutter.
• Ensuring all necessary equipment is available in the group exercise studio.
• Notifying the manager if additional supplies or equipment are required.
Qualifications & Experience
• TSI approved certification for any class being taught.
• AED/CPR Certification
• Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of the clubs, repetitive squatting, bending, and lifting (e.g., 40-60 lbs), restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary and ability to demonstrate other exercise movements as part of a personal fitness workout.