Reporting to the Fitness Coordinator at Little House, the Personal Trainer's role is to assist in the overall success of the fitness/wellness program by providing high-quality customer service to the Little House members and guests.
• As a member of the Little House staff, great all members and guests to help create a warm and welcoming environment.
• Provide Fitness floor coverage as may be needed.
• Perform individual personal training sessions and encourage clients to achieve their fitness/wellness goals
• Report any equipment concerns to the Fitness Coordinator
• Provide safe and effective workouts in either group settings or personal, one-on-one training sessions
• Ability to deliver workshops and session-based classes on various fitness/wellness topics
• Encourage member participation in other programs and services offered at Little House
• Ensures physician permission forms are up-to-date and on file.
• CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
• Experience using Mindbody or other scheduling software
• Ability to schedule and organize time in an efficient manner
• Assess client needs and prescribe within the scope of practice
Education and Experience:
• Preferred Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with a major in exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education.
• A current NCCA accredited certification (i.e., ACSM CPT, ACSM HFS, NSCA CPT, NSCA CSCS, NASM CPT, ACE, etc.) is required.
• Minimum of one year as a full-time Fitness Specialist preferred.
• Experience working with an aging population preferred