The Downtown Berkeley YMCA is seeking a Pilates Mat Instructor
The Y is a powerful association of people of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income or backgrounds, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
For more information about the YMCA of the East Bay, visit ymcaeastbay.org
Description: Under the direct supervision of the Associate Wellness Director, a Pilates Instructor is responsible for providing instruction to members in courses that are held on an on-going basis.
- DEVELOPS and PROVIDES curriculum and instruction to members.
- PROVIDES, PROMOTES and MAINTAINS safe classes for members
- RESPONSIBLE for set up and maintenance of class equipment.
- PROVIDES quality member service.
- RESPONDS to emergencies.
- ASSIST in preparation of promotional materials.
- MAINTAIN high standards of communication with staff, participants, and volunteers.
- MAINTAIN standards of conduct.
- ATTENDS scheduled staff meetings and training seminars.
- INFORMS supervisor of schedule changes in advance to allow for proper communication to class participants.
- COMMUNICATE member concerns to supervisor.
• YMCA approved CPR/AED/first aid certification.*
• Must have 2 years experience in teaching classes or Pilates Mat certification
• Ability to lead a class or provide individual service.
• Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
• Ability to motivate and educate members.
• Ability to set up, move and store equipment.
• Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English desired.
* Within 60 days of employment.
- Membership to all YMCA’s
- Up to 2 hours of child watch while instructing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your resume to email@example.com