Under the direction of the Senior Health and Fitness Director, this position is responsible for developing and guiding highly specific workouts for their respective clients. Personal trainers will screen and test clients, evaluate their needs and create specific fitness programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Regular attendance and punctuality. The YMCA of the Central Bay Area reserves the right to add or delete essential job functions.
1. Regular attendance and punctuality
2. Develop exercise guidelines and contraindications based on Health Screening Form
3. Performs full fitness assessments on individual member
4. Design a specific exercise program based on the member needs and update as the needs/goals change
5. Develop motivational techniques to help member maintain enthusiasm about his/her program
6. Provide quality member service
7. Respond to emergencies
8. Maintain high standard of communication with staff, members and volunteers
9. Attend scheduled staff meetings and training seminars
10. Complete all appropriate administrative work
11. Maintains Standards of Conduct as outlined for the Association
12. Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
SKILLS/CERTIFICATES AND ABILITIES:
Preferred experience as a Fitness Instructor for a minimum of 1 year.
Must have a nationally accredited Personal Training Certification; or ASCM, NCSA, ACE, AFAA, or YMCA Specialist Certification; or have a degree in exercise physiology or a health-related field.
Demonstrate the ability to teach and design programs using free weights, variable resistance, flexibility exercise and cardiovascular equipment.
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in your own personal fitness program.
Please see resumes to Katy Marquis, Senior Fitness Director at email@example.com