Pilates V is hiring an all-location manager and director of operations, responsible for the in’s and out’s of studio operations. This highly motivated individual will be dedicated and passionate about the art of mindful management and possess skills to empower team members, maintain a high caliber of quality in our studios, and keep the business running including all five class schedules! Strong focus on people management, proactive engagement, and extensive organizational and communication skills is a must!
- A people person! Ability to connect with people personally and professionally; strong management skills
- 5+ years managing people, budgets, projects, or operations with positive outcomes
- A+ customer service skills
- Proven track record of thinking creatively and on your feet
- Management experience and organization skills: ability to organize and manage 30+ team members including class schedule and customer schedule
- Effectively outline, design, and engage with contractors on marketing campaigns (email, social media, in-studio events, resale items etc)
- Budget/finance experience; experience tracking, planning/proposing, and using budgets for various needs such as events, employee perks, and marketing
- Experience building partnerships with other local businesses for co-marketing and events
- General sales experience with qualified inbound leads and general outbound sales expertise such as representing our business/services at events
- Previous business owner experience a plus
- Certified Pilates Instructor able to sub classes on demand as needed (not required)
- Previous experience in a service/schedule based business setting a plus
- Pilates and fitness industry knowledge a plus
Essential Functions & Requirements (include but not limited to):
- Manage class schedule of all 5 studios, 25+ instructors including: sub-list, last minute call-outs/sub needs, shifting demands of our team as well as ensuring 100% coverage of client services team schedule for phones/emails
- On-call required to handle inbound issues from team such as delayed instructors, last minute sub needs etc..
- Able to handle difficult customer situations, resolve issues with little guidance, and manage/teach others in similar situations; can avoid negative customer feedback while upholding policies and fairness for all clients
- Ability to travel to all 5 locations (30 mile radius) at least 1-2 times per week; manage retail organization, inventory, and restocking/ordering of all supplies and resale items
- Manage studio operations (and outside contractors) such as repairs, cleanings, and studio maintenance to ensure 100% uptime and cleanliness
- Design and organize all studio events including booth management, in-studio events, outside partnerships, and marketing/promotional campaigns
- Monthly updates and proposal pitches to owners
- Manage team perks & events
- Other duties as designed/role evolves
- Full time (40 hours per week, including at least one weekend day), salaried, non-exempt: $57,000 per year
- Plus, Annual Performance bonus based on overall studio performance/success metrics up to $10,000
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits
- % paid cell phone plan per month
Physical Requirements and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and be able to move/push equipment as needed
Visual acuity required
Must be able to travel reliably between all five Bay Area locations, local events, and errands as demanded
About Pilates V
Pilates V is a family owned and growing brand that is dedicated to bringing Pilates to the people via affordable, group equipment classes. We only operate high quality, fully equipped Balanced Body studios and pride ourselves on making every client visit a memorable one! We pride ourselves on friendly, creative, and experienced team members who also enjoy coming together for periodic team events and dinners!