ABOUT OUR Y
Our Y is one of Southern California’s leading charitable organizations dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Across the Foothills, our Y engages over 20 thousand individuals, regardless of age, income, or background. Every day we strive to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve the region’s health and well-being, and provide opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
The mission of the YMCA of the Foothills is to organize, develop, finance, and conduct programs for an association of persons of all ages that will, by putting Christian principles into practice, enrich the quality of their lives spiritually, mentally, physically and socially.
The Yoga Instructor will have primary responsibility for a effective wellbeing program in accordance to accepted YMCA Fitness standards and guidelines, to help members reach their wellbeing goals. Classes are lead in a safe, effective and timely manner, appropriate to the fitness level of the participants in the class, to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual health of each individual.
• Position requires a friendly, enthusiastic, conscientious and people oriented leader with excellent knowledge and skills in the areas of membership involvement and in health and fitness.
• The individual must possess a professional image and ability to provide excellent leadership, up-to-date instruction and high-energy motivation.
• She/he must hold CPR and First Aid certifications.
• National Exercise Instructor Certification (YMCA, ACE, AAFA, ACSM, etc.) or 4-year degree in fitness related field at time of hire.
• Minimum 1 year experience leading group exercise classes preferred.
• For instructors with classes geared toward youth participants, the instructor must have at least 1 year experience leading youth fitness classes or education and/or training the areas of youth fitness.
• Specialty instructors will require specific certifications and /or licensing in their related specialty (Martial Arts, Zumba, etc.)
• Physical ability to lead and participate in exercise/fitness activities.
• A Degree in health and fitness related field is a plus.
• Must be able to model the core values; Caring, Respect, Responsibility, and Honesty.
• Ability to follow and accept instruction, and relate well with peers.
• Must have commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA and uphold its values and ethics.
• Ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions
• CPR and First Aid certifications required or within 90 days of hire.
Apply online at www.ymcafoothills.org/employment